Fifth International Conference on Paraoxonases
~ Abstract submission is closed. ~
Call for Abstracts
The goal of 5PON is to bring together the world’s leading researchers and young scientists working on the paraoxonases for sharing, discussion, collaboration and debate. A major goal of the 2012 program will be to expand the scope of the conference to include top researchers in related areas of cardiovascular disease, toxicology, chemical defense, and the biology and biochemistry of PON homologs, PON-like enzymes, and PON interaction partners.
We invite abstracts for both posters and short oral presentations. Abstract submission is now closed. Each session will have four contributed oral presentations of 15 minutes each including questions (talks should be ~12 minutes). Presenters will be held to their allotted time exactly. All contributing presenters should present a poster, even if they are selected for an oral presentation.
Contributors selected for oral presentations will have their registration fee waived and will receive up to $600 in travel reimbursements for U.S. domestic travelers and $1,350 in reimbursements for international travelers. Abstracts selected for oral presentations will be announced on April 30, 2012. In addition, a number of travel awards will be given to young investigators (students and postdocs) and international investigators. All awardees must submit and abstract and present a poster. See the Travel page for additional details. Travel award applications are now closed.
Authors may appear on more than one abstract, but can only be desingated as the presenter (corresponding author) on one abstract.
All abstracts must be submitted through the 5PON EasyChair website. Do not email the abstract to the organizers. To submit your abstract,
1. You must register for an EasyChair account if you do not already have one.
- Go to the EasyChair page for 5PON: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=5pon2012
- Follow the link to sign up for an account.
- Enter your name, email and a password of your choice (at least 8 characters).
- Check your email address.
- Click the link in the email message you get from EasyChair.
- Enter your password.
- Enter all your personal info (* fields are required).
- Submit the information to go back to the login screen.
2. Create a new submission.
- Enter your username and password to login.
- Click New Submission at the top of the page.
- Enter an address for correspondence.
- Enter the information for each author. We suggest that you list the authors with the primary author first and the principal investigator last, as on a publication. The presenter should be designated as the corresponding author.
- Enter the title and abstract. Use plain text only. Do not exceed 500 words for the abstract. Check the title and sbstract carefully for spelling and grammar; it will be printed as-is in the abstract book.
- Below the abstract, mark "Poster only" if you do not wish to be considered for an oral presentation or "Oral presentation and poster" if you do wish to be considered.
- If you are a Student or Postdoc, or if you are an Early-State Investigator (assistant professor or equivalent), please check the appropriate box.
- Please enter 3-10 keywords. "Paraoxonase" should not be a keyword.
- Even though it is possible to click more than one, please select the ONE (1) topic in which your poster fits best. The subtopics listed below are intended as a guide; other subtopics will be considered.
- Biology, Inflammation and Other Disease • cell biology, transgenic/animal models, quorum sensing, oxidative stress, cytokines
- Cardiovascular Health • atherosclerosis, vascular disease, cholesterol homeostasis, homocysteinylation, apolipoprotein mimetics
- Chemical Defense • bioscavengers of OP pesticides and nerve agents, AChE reactivation, sensors, chemical approaches
- Structure and Biochemistry • PON1, 2 and 3, homologs and related enzymes, substrates, mechanism, HDL and apolipoprotein interactions, expression systems
- Toxicology • environmental chemicals, neuroprotection, interaction of PONs with other proteins in chemoprotection
- Next to paper, click Abstract Only. Do not include any attachments.
- Click Submit once. It takes a few moments to complete.
Posters must fit within 60" (152 cm) wide by 40" (101 cm) high.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
July 15-18, 2012
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
CONTACT | Thomas J. Magliery, Ph.D.
Chair, Local Organizing Committee
Ph +1 614 247 8425 | Fax +1 614 292 1685
|Previous PON Conference Websites
First (2004) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Second (2006) University of Debrecen, Hungary
Third (2008) University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Fourth (2010) La Pineda, Spain